October 22, 2012

Ginger Fingers



My hair dreads monsoon. The humidity in the air dries my scalp worse than a blow torch. Now I have very oily hair so that should be a good thing. But sadly, it’s not. 

In reality, the equation is
Oily hair + Dry scalp = Nightmarish dandruff

Over the years, I have tried every remedy from vinegar rinses to lemon rubs, all in vain. That’s when I bought a bottle of Head and Shoulders. To my surprise, it worked! But it took as much as it gave. I lost a lot of hair. However, I was ready to compromise. A week of heavy hair loss later, I was at least itch-free. This became my go-to remedy for dandruff, which, invariably, did return a couple of weeks later.

But this last season, my flaky enemy had developed new strains – Head and Shoulders-resistant strains. My despair was reaching breaking point, when, as if by divine intervention, I chanced upon this miracle in a bottle: The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff shampoo. It took two weeks for the flakes to completely disappear but they have not returned. It has been more than a month now.  The best part is, however, that it did not cause excessive hair fall; instead it made my hair soft and shiny. Like most Body Shop products, it smells amazing, not like actual ginger but like ginger lozenge/candy.

I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment