January 3, 2013

A Trip to the Village




Do you collect old Bollywood movie posters? Or do you enjoy reading little-known rare books? Maybe you love interacting with travel freaks just like you? Perhaps you just love shopping for a social cause? No matter what feeds your creative soul, Hauz Khas Village has something for you. 

I am a foodie and my heart has been stolen by Gunpowder – a Kerala food heaven. I won’t tell you where exactly it is because the search for it adds as much flavor to the food as the chef. And man, does the chef do his job well! Go for the Toddy shop meen curry with steamed rice. No, no, go for the chicken korma and appam. You have to have the Soondal of course! And the Porothas you can’t miss. Actually you know what, go there again and again and try the entire menu. I promise you, you won’t be disappointed. Oh and don’t forget to finish off with a cup of filter coffee.

 A well-fed me decided to check some of the clothes stores and found this really cool store called Maati which had gorgeous hand-made T-shirts and an interesting story. You can read more about them here.
Still wondering what to do on a wintry Sunday afternoon?


You could fly away

Lazy afternoon swim

The writing on the wall

Plant that!

Love is in the gate
The 3rd?

Yell Yellow!

Paint me Serpent



I spy Gunpowder

No comments:

Post a Comment