April 28, 2012

Battling the fear of bold lipcolor


I have always been a heavy eye-makeup kind of girl. Lipsticks are something that I actively avoid. Weird, I know.

However, it’s not all lip color I shy away from. Glosses work fine for me but even with them I tend to bend towards sheer and muted colors. I have tried hard to analyze this psychological disorder of mine but have had no luck finding the answer yet. Every time, I try on a lipstick, I take one look at myself and shudder in horror.

Imagine then my surprise when I found myself drawn to this lovely look sported by ­Taylor Swift while I was reading Stylelist.



Even though the lip color is bold, matching it with the shoes and bag makes it look so classy. I am actually getting excited to try it out myself.

I particularly like the contrast brought out by pairing this matched look with an otherwise completely toned down look like Kate Bosworth here.


The effect seems to be most dramatic when the lip color is a shade of red or orange. But pink looks great too as seen on Rose McGowan.

 



















So, to get this look right, I need to
  • Pick a BOLD  lip color
  • Match it with my shoes
  • Pick a muted color outfit
  • Use neutral tones in eye makeup. Think L’oreal Eyeliner in Espresso & Lakme Desert Rose Eye Shadow Quartet.

Can you help me with more tips to brave the lipstick jungle?

No comments:

Post a Comment